Sunday, January 20, 2013

Miracle at the Church on 48th...

       Today was Ward Conference, Marty and I had been asked to furnish the main course for the "Linger Longer" we were having right after our block of meetings. We choose Chicken Enchiladas, to go along with the pot luck salads and desserts that were being furnished by other members in the ward. We were told to plan for two hundred and we put together four large hotel pans full of enchiladas, each serving about 50-60 people.

       Everything went as planned, then we started eating and the people kept lining up. The line got longer and longer, Marty and a couple of the sisters started getting nervous that we were going to run out of enchiladas. We talked about it, but knowing that there was nothing at that point I could do but trust in the Lord. I started to think about the story in Mark, when Jesus fed the thousands with one loaf of bread and two fish. I shared my thoughts with Marty and the group, I asked them to watch and to trust, then I stood back and I prayed in my heart that the food would last, even if I didn't get any.

       When the line had ended and I approached the table to start cleaning up, I noticed in the bottom of one of the pans was a single serving, just my size. :) I am very grateful for the opportunity I have of serving in this ward and enjoying the blessings and benefits of having a wonderful husband who trusts in the Lord like I do and having faithful friends who know, love to gain strength and share their talents and testimonies as much as I do.  It was an awesome day that I will never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment