Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bucket List?

Okay, How many of you actually have a bucket list?

 I have to laugh when we talk about bucket lists... It reminds me of a couple of my favorite cartoon characters, Rocky & Bullwinkle. All Bullwinkle ever wanted to do was have Rocky "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat". If life could only be that simple...

I don't have a bucket list (per say), but there are a few things in my life I have always dreamed of doing, someday, before I die. Some of those things I have already enjoyed and have checked off my mental list and others are still in the back of my mind. Some things on my list are at this point will never be accomplished, because several years ago, I discovered the true meaning on FREE AGENCY and the element of surprise, when it comes to other people (KIDS) involved in your personal space. Yes, some of my boys have not helped to accomplish a few things on my list... Am I mad? NO! disappointed? maybe a little... but I am very proud of my boys and their accomplishments.

So to truly define a bucket list... Urban Dictionary states:  "A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. The term comes from the saying 'kick the bucket'".  I loved the movie and have thought about my list several times since then. My life has been full of many unexpected surprises from the very beginning and I feel like I have been very blessed through out the years.

Today, I decided that I would maybe try and put together my bucket list... (keep in mind some of these things have already been accomplished.

1. Learn how to swim in deep water


2. Compete as a barrel racer


3. Work in the medical field


4. Graduate from College


5. Get Married in the Temple


6. Have a Family


7. Buy a Home


8. Own my own catering business


          9. Trace all my family lines back to Adam


10. Become a certified chef


11. Have my own Restaurant


12. Visit New York City


13. See Plymouth Rock


14. Live at the beach


15. Go on a Cruise


          16. Publish my own book


          17. See the Swiss Alps


18. See a real mummy


         19. Tour the Ancient Mayan Temples


         20. Go to Greece


         21. Run a Marathon


         22. Drive a rally fast car on the track (like NASCAR)


23. Have good friends


         24. See my Kids married


         25. Go on a mission for the church


So... does that mean that because I am almost done with my list that I am almost dead?


No comments:

Post a Comment