Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why I Scrapbook.... SC#1


Tonight, I signed up for 24 free scrapbook classes at scrapbook.com, just to see what they were all about and to use them as a jump start for me to get back into the swing of scraping again. The first lesson was all about why we scrap and how to get started and it got we thinking about all the scrapbook pages that I have put together over the past 35 years. I also started thinking about all the genealogy and family history stories and information that I have collected over the past 35 years.
        After a very successful catering /wedding job this weekend, I feel very blessed to know that the long lasting elements of these events are the way we preserve the dates and activities of these events. I started thinking about where I would be today, had it not been for a very courageous man, many many years ago, finishing, sealing up and preserving the history of his people.
       One of my favorite stories in the "Book of Mormon", is the story of Moroni, "a righteous and skilled military commander, who became so angry with Amalickiah's dissention and wicked influence that he rent his coat and wrote upon it, In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children. With these words, he rallied his people to defend their families and their freedom, chasing the armies of Amalickiah away in the process". I also love the council and promises he gives to all of us in the last chapter (Moroni 10).
       I am totally convinced that a big part of myself and my heritage, is what it is today, because of great men and women in my life that have been willing to write, keep records and preserve the stories of my ancestors. This reason and many others are why I continue to scrapbook today... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment