Saturday, November 23, 2013

Grace, Love and the art of being Humble

Yesterday, I contemplated my weaknesses and drew strength from a past experiences, one of which I shared. Today, I would like to ponder the grace and love that fills our souls, when we humble ourselves before The Lord. The scripture for today is the one I made reference to yesterday... Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I listen to a lot of music, I often find myself turning on my music instead of reaching for the TV remote. I have several gospel stations in my Pandora line-up and this morning the first song that played was one of my all time favorites... "I Need Thee Every Hour". In the second verse it states "I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby; temptations lose their power when thou art nigh." I know that sometimes the words temptations and weaknesses are interchanged and if that were the case in this song, then all our weaknesses (our crutches) lose their power when The Lord is with us and as we become humble and like little children, then The Lord uses his grace to help make us strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment