Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chris Cullen's Missionary Homecoming



Not feeling good today, but I knew I had to go to church today. Chris was giving his mission homecoming report. He talked about how much he had grown and how important being a member missionary is. He shared a couple of experiences with us that made me homesick for Toa and his family feasts, our red brick home on the hill in Provo and all our friends that taught me the true meaning of being there for each other.

I remember when Chris left and all the struggles we had had with him in the past, both in and out of our home. But I do feel like he served a good mission and his heart is in the right place. I know his road has been hard and he has a lot of work to do still. But I think I have grown and I have become a better person for knowing him. He gave a great report and will be returning to Salt Lake City, I wish him luck in all his endeavors. I love his quote "even though it was not the best two years OF  life, it was the best two years FOR my life"

No comments:

Post a Comment