Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1... In the beginning

       Shortly after moving here to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in April 2009, I started to realize that I had been a very busy women during my life time and the need of a little slow down and some good old fashioned southern comfort was just what my Father in Heaven had intended for me.
       I was looking at the age of 46 dead on and my body was getting tired and worn. I had already faced many health issues from a repaired childhood heart defect to a long list of medical mumbo jumbo, that when tracked down and discussed with my family, I find out that most of them were all heritage hand-me downs. So I seriously started thinking about myself, the things that I could fix and where I wanted to be five years from now.
      That is when I decided that I wanted the "Biggest Loser" to become part of my life again and I was going to gain some control of my life back. I started on my birthday in June 2009, getting ready and gearing up for the "Biggest Loser" season that fall, only to find myself laying alone in a Minnesota Emergency room, with what was suspected to be possibly my third heart attack.  That was August and when I left the hospital early that next morning, I vowed I was never going down this path again.
      I started to look at my lifestyle, the things I ate and what time of the day I ate them, was I putting things into my body that was filled with harmful substitutes or empty calories? Was I overindulging in complex carbohydrates and foods that were out of season? I realized that I needed a base line to start at, so I turned once again to the 89th section of the D&C (Doctrine & Covenants), known as the "Word of Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment