Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 15 .... Stepping Stones

       The theory behind long range goals is you use a series of short range goals to reach the big finish. So after my disappointment with my visual mapping. I decided to take the three step challenge that I was telling you about yesterday. Step #1: I was disappointed. Step #2: I spent time being mushy at the beach and now... Step #3: I am going back to the original plan, I think it will be easier for me.

LONG RANGE GOAL:
COOPER RIVER BRIDGE RUN (6.2 miles, jogging at least half of it)

SHORT RANGE GOALS:
BEACH RUNNING (run/walk from house to house)


Can you see where I am going with this? To build up my stamina and to be able to run longer spans, I have decided to use a series of STEPPING STONES. That is, I walk from one house to the next and then run from one house to the next and so on. Then next week, run two houses and walk two house, and keep building up. 

We can use these same stepping stones with other goals we set in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment