Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 24 .... Makeover Monday

        In reading more of the Autumn Harvest section in my "Staying Healthy with the Seasons" book yesterday. I discovered that Autumn is often referred to or combined with Metal in the Chinese Five Element Theory.  Autumn is also often referenced to air in astrology and the book goes on explaining that Autumn should be a time of cleansing for both the Lungs and the Large Intestine in getting ready for winter. It is a time of gathering and turning within personally, giving focus to our selves and to others around us.
       So after my walk/run this morning I decided to start my week off with a sort of breakfast cleanse using some of the fruits of the season. I started my week off with a day full of smoothies and juices and on "THE PANTRY LIFE"  blog we always start the week off with a recipe make-over, so here is my made over smoothie recipe I made for breakfast this morning and I also included my original recipe. Both are really good. It just depends on what you are going for.

Fresh Peach Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 large peach, sliced
1/2 cup of peach yogurt
1/2 cup of skim milk
8 ice cubes

Directions:
Blend the peach slices with the ice cubes and milk first until slushy texture is formed. Then add the yogurt and blend for another 30 seconds on low. You may substitute fresh peaches with canned peaches, drained without the syrup in this smoothie recipe.
 Calories 190 ~ Calories from Fat 18 ~ Total Fat 2.0g ~ Saturated Fat 1.3g ~ Cholesterol 10mg ~ Sodium 137mg ~ Carbohydrates 29.7g ~ Fiber 2.4g ~ Sugars 28.0g ~ Protein 12.5g

 

Ice Cream and Peach Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients:
1 large peach, sliced
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
1 cup of whole milk
8 ice cubes

Directions:
Blend the peach slices, whole milk, ice cream and ice in a blender for 30 seconds on low to keep the ice cream texture in the smoothie. A very great tasting and healthy peach smoothie for people who are trying to gain weight.
 Calories 352 ~ Calories from Fat 146 ~ Total Fat 16.2g ~ Saturated Fat 9.5g ~ Cholesterol 56mg ~ Sodium 155mg ~ Carbohydrates 43.0g ~ Fiber 2.9g ~ Sugars 41.3g ~ Protein 11.8g

No comments:

Post a Comment