Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 22 ... "rolling with the punches!"

       Life is so unpredictable and so often you hear to old saying "you need to roll with the punches"! But things that come up can become very discouraging in so many ways. Today, I went to work with the full intention of being off at 1:00, quick stop at a Scrapbook Crop with the "Stampin' Granny's" and then home for my run. All went as planned until I got home. Then the need for a mom was very evident at my house... I love my boys and so my heart kicks in and my run gets pushed to the back burner. All the rest of the day it was pushed to the back burner, until there was no day light left, dad got home from work and everybody decided a boy's night out was in order. So there I was, alone with all the time in the world to run and no sunlight left! Even an evening run was out of the question...

  • FACT #5... I do not run on the beach after dark alone! I go to the beach after dark but always with someone and never to run...

       So trying to "roll with the punches", I figured tonight would be a great night for a round of good old fashioned kickboxing. In goes the music and 15 minutes later, I was exhausted! I didn't realize how out of shape I have become in the past four years since the last time I was kickboxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment