Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13 ..... Recovery!

       Today started out very mushy... for both me and the beach. Then I had to go to work! I decided to give us all some more time for recovery. When I got home from work I then attempted my run, I was some what successful. I was in total awe of the changes that had taken place within the past 48 hours in my little spot on the map. Where there use to be a gradual slope of beach front from the dunes to the waters edge, now there is high and low spots of sand banks with little pools of water where I noticed small fish darting in and out with the waves much like my weight has been doing these past few days. Shells, shells and pieces of shells marked the times of the tides like the pencil marks on a young child's growth chart. It was great to see the changes but I hope for a speedy recovery...

       Looking on the bright side, I found my first Sharks tooth today. We have friends who find them all the time and are always willing to share, but I was so excited, first one since we moved here!

No comments:

Post a Comment