Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11 .... Just take the dog with You.

         The NEWS said there was going to be RAIN! The NEWS said there was going to be WIND! The NEWS said there was going to be COASTAL FLOODING! Great, what the NEWS didn't say was I had to weigh-in today... The NEWS didn't say I still needed to walk/ run today, the News didn't say that I needed to obviously eat less calories on days I don't get to exercise as much! grrr.... so to tell you the truth, weigh-in was not very positive, running in the rain was not very positive, and being on the beach alone this morning was not going to be very positive either, SO I TOOK THE DOG WITH ME! :)
        Now... Let me tell you about my dog... He is awesome and very special, right? All dog are special, but mine's the best... :) (hehehe) . I just love how everyone thinks that about their dogs (pets). Anyway, mine is basically a service dog, but his need to service has been kind of out grown by the on set of adulthood and independence in the child that needed him the most, so he has attached himself to my husband and I. Funny thing about service dogs, their need to service is so ingrained in them that they finds other way to make their self useful. Plus the fact that he loves the beach as much as I do. But today as different, we crossed the bridge at the dunes and headed out to the shore line. The water was higher and stiffer than yesterday, not happy to have the wind pushing it around, it has caused a steep mushy ridge as it has grabbed at the sand. The dog was not amused and as we proceeded along the small pathway of beach he seemed to lag behind.
About five mins into your walk/run the he charged ahead of me and stopped dead in his tracks, sat down and looked me dead on, so not like him that it make me stop too and I had hardly come to a stand still when a wave took out a whole section of the sand bar. Had I just stayed in motion, I would have been hit by the wave and down I would have went, not being a very good ocean swimmer, no telling what would have happened.


So the moral of my story this morning is... the next time you decided to defy mother nature, JUST TAKE THE DOG WITH YOU!!!!

1 comment: