Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16... AWESOME 24 HOURS!

       We left yesterday to go to Florence for our Stake Conference this weekend. We decided that since we had so much going on between meetings and choir stuff that we would spend the night. So, with bags packed off we went. We attended the adult session last night which was filled with many marvelous words of wisdom and encouragement pertaining to us as families and as seekers of the Lord's blessings to us here on this Earth.
       Today, was more of the same, except for me, I felt like it had more of a personal note, about us individually as children of a loving Father in Heaven, who desires for us to be the best we can be through setting goals and working on being a little bit better tomorrow than we were today.  If we continue striving to "practice our religion" then all these things helps us to obtain the everlasting blessings that come to us through the atonement of Christ. This promise is given to us in may different statements through out the scriptures, but the one I like best is in D&C 25:15...  
"Keep my commandments continually, and a crown of righteousness thou shalt receive. And except thou do this, where I am you cannot come"
        I came away today feeling very spiritually uplifted, fed and blessed that I was able to attend the Conference today. And I came away feeling more determined than ever that I am in the right place at the right time. And my goals have become a whole lot clearer to me.

I will walk/run even if it takes me all day to complete the task.... !
        

No comments:

Post a Comment