Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 23 ..... Spiritual Nutrition

      Today, I felt very blessed just to be able to get out of bed. I woke up with the start of a very nasty migraine. I took some medicine and managed to make to through Sacrament Meeting and then home to my bed. After another round of medicine and a big long nap, I came to the conclusion the today was going to be a Spiritual Nutrition Day!

       About a month ago I started reading the new book entitled "Daughters in My Kingdom" It is a new book put out by the church about the history and work of Relief Society and in the beginning, it talks about the purposes of Relief Society. Which are:
  • To Increase faith and personal righteousness
  • To strengthen families and homes
  • To seek out and help those in need  
      While I was reading I started thinking about yesterday and "rolling with the punches"... When I look at the things that I accomplished yesterday, I can truly say that everything I did in one way or another fit into the purposes of Relief Society and these are the things in which I believe and try to act upon every day.

       I know that some of my friends, especially those who are runners or who workout, think I am crazy for taking every Sunday off. But, like I have explained before, for me that is my day for rest and spiritual  renewal, sort of my Spiritual Nutrition day. Like Martha and Mary in the New Testament, I try everyday to serve as a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ, Some days turn out better than others!

No comments:

Post a Comment