Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20 ..... For the Fan Club!

       The other day my son and his girlfriend told me that they really liked my new blog and that I had inspired them to start eating healthy. I was surprised but very pleased and I quickly followed up their statement with "Good! so you going to run the 10k with me too?" My son smiled and answered , saying "nah, that would be pushing my luck, but keep writing because he like to read it." So I thought today I would post another recipe for the healthy eating FAN CLUB!

Bob Harper, "Biggest Loser Trainer", posted this salad on his website "MyTrainerBob.com". It looked so good I just had to give it a try and the surprising thing was, I had all the ingredients in the pantry...

PEACH & HALIBUT SALAD
Ingredients:


Salad
½ peach, sliced
5 oz grilled halibut (sprayed with evoo, seasoned, grilled 8 minutes each side)
¼ cup drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
1 Persian cucumber, diced
¼ avocado cubed
2 cups mixed greens
1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese


Dressing
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard


Procedure
Top mixed greens with peaches, cucumber, avocado, garbanzo beans, crumbled cheese, halibut
Dressing- whisk in separate bowl and drizzle over salad.

You can find his video for the salad here at the website: Bob's Peach & Halibut Salad

Also today, a couple of other friends commented on how much they are enjoying reading my blog. And a suggested comment was made that I should run for a cause. SO I started thinking about what cause I would run for.

No comments:

Post a Comment