Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3... Setting the baseline

It's a new day and my run/walk on the beach this morning was amazing. My baseline that I have been able to establish over this past week is...  
"I can moderately walk a mile and half in 30 minutes"
Tomorrow, I start running! "slow and steady wins the race", right? Some keywords, like "in the season", "sparingly" and "staff of life" kept coming to my mind this morning.


        Then I started to think about a book that I read several years ago entitled "Staying Healthy with the Seasons", by Elson M. Hass. Dr. Elson Haas provides simple, logical advice for achieving glowing good health: "Bring the mind and body into balance with the earth, and consume a diet that emphasizes in-season, chemical-free foods." Then it hit me... the "in season foods" that I am use to eating while living in New England may not be the same foods that are in season here at the beach.

Hum... I feel a trip to the Farmer's Market coming on. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment