Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 18 ..... Weigh-in Blues

       Like I said yesterday, I had been way off track last week and today I started beating myself up with the Weigh-in Blues. Then as I went for my walk/run this morning, I noticed that there were a lot of dead jelly fish in my path. I understand from all that I have been told they are just as harmful dead as they are alive and very quickly I was in full concentration of what lie in the distance. I was very careful not to step on one of the jelly fish as I was running. (remember: I run barefooted along the water's edge).  I started thinking about a couple of things while I was walking. "Like Running today I need to keep looking forward and not worry so much about what I did or ate last week!" and "I can always repent and do better this week!" So, I started thinking about where I was a year ago and how for I have come...

Sept. 2010 ---- walk/ran 1 mile in 21.2 minutes    /   Sept. 2011 ---- walk/ran 1.7 in 21.2 minutes
Sept. 2010 ---- weigh-in was 262.8 pounds         /   Sept. 2011 ---- weigh-in 223.6 pounds
Sept. 2010 ---- wore size 20 levis & 2XL top      /   Sept. 2011 ---- wore size 16-18 levis & XL top
Sept. 2010 ---- waited until night to eat big meal  /    Sept. 2011 ---- waited past big meal at lunch to snack

I came acrossed a very good article yesterday on Active.com, that kind of goes along with my idea that I am still on track. I realized that I have made great strides in the year and I am pleased. The article was entitled...

"Learn to Run in Four Simple Steps"
  • Set a smart goal: Run 30 minutes in two to four months. ( I can do this! )

  • Practice patience, grasshopper. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a happy runner.  ( I do this! )

  • Consistency is the secret to success. It's all about creating momentum. (I understand this! )


  • Follow a personal training plan. Run from within. ( I live this! ---  okay, so I let a big fat juicy burger catch me off guard once in awhile)


No comments:

Post a Comment